The Calgary Crusaders are excited to announce that we will have teams join the Alberta based, Hockey Super League for the 2019/2020 season! Our Crusader teams will feature players born in the following age groups 2011/2010/2009/2008 and 2007.
Our goal with the Crusaders is to provide an alternative option to traditional minor hockey for young players throughout the Calgary and surrounding areas. By practicing two to three times a week, complemented with one off ice training session either at Skillz Skating and Shooting Center, or at one of our dry land training providers in Calgary, the Crusaders program has everything your child needs to develop and grow in a fun and competitive environment.
The Crusaders home facility the Great Plains Arena located at 5749 76 Ave SE, Calgary, AB, is where Crusader teams will practice and play their exhibition games during the season. With Skillz Skating and Shooting Center moving to Great Plains Arena, this will allow the Crusaders program to train on and off ice all at the same facility.
About Hockey Super League
Founded in Edmonton, Alberta in 2017, the HSL is an alternative to Minor Hockey for players born in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006. The HSL is not a registered league with Hockey Canada or Hockey Alberta, we are independent of these organizations. We believe that hockey is defined by the people who play the game.
League Mission Statement
- To provide youth hockey players an environment to showcase and progress their individual skills within a team setting
- To establish a culture and partnership for its member organizations based on continual improvement for its athletes
- To uphold the highest level of sportsmanship and team play, while maintaining all stakeholder’s competitive passion and love for the game
- To develop player confidence and leadership qualities on and off the ice
- To provide a safe and positive work environment for all officials, athletes, families, arena staff and volunteers
All stakeholders in the Hockey Super League will work in collaboration to create an environment to establish the following core values in its athletes:
- Work Ethic
- Respect for teammates, opponents, and officials